Update - NaNoWriMo Day 4

Today is day 4 of NaNoWriMo - I started the day excited to get my 2000 words of the day and then surpassed my wildest dreams when I found myself SO close to hitting 10K. Now I am wondering what to do, do I push through and get it? Old Tracy would fire up the old pen and paper and get her done!! After all, I am only136 words away at this point. BUT, have I learned nothing in this time I have taken for myself? Newer Tracy knows that it isn't important to hit that goal today. No need to push through. No need to dangle that carrot out in front. 

I am writing memories from my childhood - moments that I think created and molded me into the person I am today. Is this what I planned to write? Is this my outline and plot points and characters? Nope! Once again I have decided to do something that I think will be what I am ultimately looking for but not taking the road I thought I would take. I have struggled with planning things down to the finest point and then the whole plan gets chucked out the window because something unforeseen comes and changes everything. I am still writing. I am still working on my idea. It just doesn't look the way I thought it would. And, for the first time in a long time I can honestly say it is okay. I wrote in group today - first with a NaNoWriMo sprint group on YouTube, then with a regular Saturday group that I love, and finally with another sprint group on YouTube. I love writing in group, even if we don't know each other, even if we never speak, to know that there are others working on their projects while I am working on mine - such an amazing feeling.

NOTE - just by writing this post - I have hit my 10K goal - but since this isn't about my theme or writing, I am not going to count it - but it is TEMPTING to say the least!!

Words written in November so far - 10,174 - WHOO HOO!! I will celebrate showing up for myself in this way and writing! 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Goals - 2024

Changes - Going Home

Traveling with Strangers